You will find some fun and easy recipes for the picky eaters in your family. The recipes are not my own, but they are all kid tested and kid approved. So if you have picky eaters, I’ve got you covered.
Cauliflower Fried Rice
My eldest loves rice, pasta, and couscous. Getting her to eat her veggies is usually a challenge. I looked through the internet and found a recipe called cauliflower fried rice from an online cookbook called Skinny Taste. The cauliflower is ground up so it has the consistency of rice. My daughter thought she was eating fried rice and she loved it so much, that she asked for seconds…and the best part is that it only took 30 minutes.
Here is the recipe below:
- 1 medium head (about 24 oz) cauliflower, rinsed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- cooking spray
- whatever veggies you want to use up cut into small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut the florets off the cauliflower
- Place the florets into a food processor or blender and pulse until it is into small pieces. This should give it the consistency of rice or couscous. The recipe says be careful not to over blend it because it will become mushy. I gave it a few pulses and checked the consistency before moving onto step three.
- Chop the veggies into small pieces and mince the garlic.
- Crack two eggs into a bowl.
- Put oil on a pan and fry the eggs. Then set aside in a bowl
- In the same pan fry the vegetables and garlic. If you are using onion then start with those first because they take longer to cook.
- When the veggies are halfway cooked, add the cooked eggs and the cauliflower “rice” to the pan and keep frying.
- Put in some Soya Sauce or Hoisin Sauce and cook for about 5-6 mins.
- Serve the cauliflower fried rice and enjoy!